Mark your Calendar!
As part of Perfection’s 65th year celebration, we are hosting a company-wide blood drive. We will have Hoxworth trucks here in our Cincinnati office on August 11th from 9am – 5pm. Our goal is to collect 65 pints of blood company-wide.
This event is open to all associates, family members, vendors, customers, etc. Free food, door prizes and raffles will be offered throughout the day! Please help us spread the word and join us on August 11th to donate blood and help us reach our goal!
Contact Tonya Rader at email@example.com to sign up.
Interesting Facts About Blood Needs:
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
- Nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- It is estimated that sickle cell disease affects 90,000 to 100,000 people in the U.S.